First of all, you need to understand that most people who are working to get a great midsection will not achieve their goal because they do not know what they are doing wrong. The fact is that the reason is mainly due to the amount of excess fat that is overlaying the belly area. This fat hides the true definition that you are after.
So, along with doing ball ab exercises, you need to look at getting that extra fat off. Exercising your ab muscles along will not burn any fat at all. They are good for getting great tone and building muscle, but do nothing for getting rid of the fat. That is why most people get frustrated and quit.
You need to look at eating healthy, and avoid any kind of diet foods that are on the market. Things that are labeled as low card and low sugars have a high amount of artificial sweeteners that will actually make you gain more fat in the midsection area. They may work for normal dieting, but not for what we are after.
I am now going to show you a couple of ball ab exercises that will help you reach your goal:
- Make sure that you use a large ball for ab workouts.
- Lay on your back with your feet firmly on the floor.
- Your lower back should be centered on the top of the ball.
- Put your hands on either side of your head.
- Crunch your upper body forward and roll your shoulders towards your hips.
- Make sure that you are contracting your abs at the top of the movement for a one count.
- Slowly return to your starting position and repeat.
- For even more muscle building, you can hold a weight across your chest.
Exercise Ball Ab Pull-Ins
- Begin in a push up position and place your shins on top of the ball.
- Keep your back completely straight and pull your knees in towards your chest.
- Allow the ball to roll forward under your ankles.
- Be sure to contract your abs at the peak of the movement and then straighten your legs, rolling back to the start position.