Push-ups,squats,pull-ups,lungs are a few of the body weight exercises which effectively help you train your entire body and can be performed anytime and anywhere.Today we shall discuss push-ups and how they can help you tone up your upper body.Push-ups not only recruit the muscle of chest,shoulder,arms and upper back but also recruit muscles of your midsection for balance and stability.Here is how to perform a basic push up:
- With your feet together,place your palms on the floor with your elbows fully extended.
- Keep your back,hips and legs in a straight line.
- Lower your body slowly towards the floor and stop when your elbow joints are in line with your shoulders.
- Pause for a moment.Begin straightening your arms to return to the start position.
- Inhale as you lower yourself towards the floor and Exhale as you push yourself up from the floor.
- Always keep your back straight.Stop doing your push ups when your lower back gets tired.Don’t sag in the middle as this could lead to injury.
If the basic push-up is difficult for you then you can perform push-ups with your knees touching the floor and build it up from there.If the basic push up is easy then you can try advanced push ups by keeping legs or hands on a stability ball.Even 10 minutes of the body weight exercises everyday can help you enhance your fitness levels significantly and get you closer to your goal of acquiring a good looking body.Any form of exercise works if you do it regularly.